(updated, Mar 18th, 6:45 am)
[Request to Speak info moved to bottom of this page.]
Go to Our Links page to see how you can contact your representatives in government.
Join the Arizona Democrats’ Rapid Response team, and get emails about what’s happening and what you can do and say to resist and restore reason.
What We Are Tracking Right Now
3. HCR 2002 – Give Away Your Rights??-–Refers a second Proposition to vote by people that would allow the Legislature to overturn an initiative passed by the people, with a simple majority vote in each chamber. This is an obvious attempt to confuse voters in November, and attempt to take away our ability to tell government what we want, because, after all, they “know what’s best for us!”
4. HCR 2022– Calls for a Constitutional Convention to force a balanced budget amendment into the U.S. Constitution. However, if such a convention were to occur (34 states must request it), any changes to the U.S. Constitution could be considered.
(DNC Talking Points at this link. National/Congress)
ACTION ALERT!! ACTION ALERT!!! ACTION ALERT!!!
American Health Care Act. Write (there’s a free, online fax link at our Contact Your Representatives page) your Congressional Rep. Write your Senators. Write Speaker Ryan. Write Sen. McConnell. Tell them that health care is a human right! (sample letter)
Presidential Budget. Write your Congressional Rep. Write your Senators. Write Speaker Ryan. Write Sen. McConnell.
- Killing the EPA kills everything!
- De-funding Planned Parenthood only causes more unwanted pregnancies.
- Pres. T spends more in a year to provide security to his family in NYC, than what he wants to cut from National Public Radio and Endowment for the Arts. So, that’s where he’s going to pay for his jet-setting ways!
- Cutting diplomacy, i.e., the State Dept., ultimately causes misunderstandings that could lead to more world conflict.
- Increasing defense spending is corporate welfare, and the “trickle down” is exactly that–a TRICKLE!
H.B. 610 – This bill repeals the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 and limits the authority of the Department of Education (ED) such that ED is authorized only to award block grants to qualified states. (I.e., virtually eliminates Fed funding for all categories of educational assistance except as block grants to states that have vouchered education.)
SBDem Request to Speak Form (click; click on image; print) Fill it Out. Mail, email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or deliver to Hollace Lyon (in the SaddleBrooke phone book.) Or, just send the info to email@example.com, and we’ll put it in at the Legislature in Phoenix.
We will sign you up at the AZ Capital, and you can comment on legislation scheduled for committee.
Request to Speak Video. Put together by Arizona School Boards Association, this video will show/remind you how to use the RTS system. (The first 7 minutes or so are not specific about the RTS, so just skip past them.). You’ll have to enter your email in order to view, but it’s very useful.